- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1½ pounds of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup chopped green onions
1½ cups chicken stock-broth
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Heat 1½ teaspoons of oil in a large nonstick sauté pan on high and sauté the shrimp until they turn pink, about four minutes.
- Keep the pan moving to prevent shrimp from burning.
- Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil over medium-low heat.
- Add ginger, and onions, and sauté until the onions are tender.
- Add chicken stock-broth and bring to a boil.
- Mix together the water and cornstarch and stir the mixture into the sauté pan, the sauce will thicken in about 1 minute.
- Return the shrimp to the skillet and bring the sauce to a boil on medium-high heat. Serve over rice.