- 3T warm water with 1t saffron
- 2lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into quarters
- 2t sea salt
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
¼c vegetable oil
½ red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 medium Spanish onion, small dice
½t ground cumin
- 1t dried oregano
- 2c chicken broth
1½c uncooked long-grain white rice
½c sliced pimientos or smoked piquillo peppers (for garnish)
½c sweet peas, strained (for garnish)
Seasoning of choice
- Clean and dry chicken. Rub chicken all over with sea salt and minced garlic.
- Set to "sear" and add oil.
- When oil is hot, add chicken and brown, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
Add bell pepper and onions. Sauté for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add cumin, oregano, chicken stock, rice, and saffron mixture. Stir to combine.
- Bring up to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "rice" and adjust for 17 minutes.
- When done, natural release for 35 minutes. Afterward, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open and fluff rice with fork. Garnish with sliced pimientos or piquillo peppers and sweet peas.