PIC Induction Cooktop
- 1 jalapeño, halved lengthwise, diced and divided
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¼ small red cabbage (2¼ cups), thinly shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cod filets, approximately ¼ pound each
- 8 flour tortillas, 6-inch size
- ½ lemon (optional)
- ½ orange (optional)
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Combine ½ diced jalapeño, sour cream, scallions, cilantro and lime juice in bowl and mix well.
- Divide sauce between two dishes and add salt and pepper to both dishes.
- Transfer one dish to refrigerator to reserve for dressing.
- Add shredded cabbage to remaining dish and toss to coat, set aside.
- Cut fish filets in half and season both sides of each filet with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Brush 12-inch sauté pan with oil and heat on Medium-High (375°F).
- Add fish and remaining jalapeño to pan and cook for about 5-6 minutes per side, until browned on both sides.
- Before assembling tacos, squeeze juice from ½ lemon and ½ orange onto filets (optional).
- Fill tortillas with slaw, then add fish and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Drizzle tacos with chilled sour cream topping and serve.
- Any white fish, such as haddock or whiting can also be used in this recipe.
- If all filets don’t fit in the pan at the same time, cook in 2 batches.
- For more intense flavor, prepare the slaw the night before and refrigerate until ready to use.