Kashmiri Hot Sauce
Nutri-Pot Pressure Cooker
Sauces, Jams & Condiments
- 1 t fennel seeds
½ t brown mustard seeds
- 2 tomatoes, halved, seeds removed
- 10 fresh Fresno red chilies
- 2 T white vinegar
- 2 t Kashmiri chili powder
- 2 t paprika
- 2 t sea salt
- 1 t sugar
- Set pressure cooker to "sear" and press "start/stop". Add fennel and mustard seeds. Toast the seeds and transfer to plate to cool. Once cooled, grind seeds into a spice using a spice mill or a pestle and mortar.
- In a food processor, add tomatoes and chilies. Pulse until a paste is made.
- Pour tomato-chili mixture in cooker. Add ground fennel and mustard seeds, vinegar, Kashmiri chili powder, paprika, sea salt, and sugar.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "steam/veggies", and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid. Cool and refrigerate. Hot sauce is good for up to 5 days.