Middle Eastern Lamb Skewers
- 1 (1¼-lb) lamb loin, trimmed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ t lemon zest
- 3 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 t ground allspice
- Sea salt
- Pinch of saffron threads
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- Warm pita bread
- Greek-style plain yogurt (for serving)
- In a blender, combine onion, garlic, parsley sprigs, lemon zest, lemon juice, allspice, salt and saffron. Puree until smooth.
- Transfer marinade to a resealable plastic bag and add cubed lamb. Turn while in bag to coat. Seal the bag, pressing out any air. Marinate in fridge at least 6 hrs. or overnight.
- Preheat Bravo and set to bake at 400°F.
- Drain the lamb, shaking off excess marinade. Thread lamb onto 4 soaked skewers, leaving a bit of room between each cube.
Brush lamb with oil and place on enamel baking pan. Place on cooking rack in position 3. Bake at 400°F until lightly charred, about 5 min., for medium-rare meat. Serve lamb skewers with warmed pita bread and yogurt.