1. What are the settings on the control dial for?
While you can customize your settings and set the time before blending, the Nuwave Moxie includes 7 preprogrammed settings built right into the blender, making it even easier to perform some popular blending tasks.
- ICE: Crush ice quickly and evenly
- FROZEN: Enjoy your favorite frozen beverages
- FRESH: Blend all fruits and vegetables
- NUTS: Make creamy, spreadable nut butters
- SOUP: Create simmering nutrient-rich soups using raw ingredients
- CLEAN: Simple self-cleaning capabilities
See the chart below for the default, minimum and maximum times.
2. What does the Pulse button do?
Whenever you need a short, quick burst from the blades, simply press the Pulse button and the Moxie will start blending, but only while you hold down the Pulse button.
1. What is the benefit of vacuuming in a blender?
When you remove the air from the chamber, this allows you to get healthier, tastier and more colorful results than you would get in an ordinary blender. With the Nuwave Moxie, you can vacuum either before or after blending to keep your foods more colorful and last longer.
2. What is the difference between the Vacuum Lid and the Plunger Lid?
- The Vacuum Lid is specially designed to give you the ability to remove excess air from the chamber before or even after blending.
- The Plunger Lid is designed with an opening to allow you to add ingredients while blending and is more akin to the lid of a traditional high-performance blender. The Plunger that comes with the Plunger Lid helps move ingredients around safely while blending. When making soup in the Nuwave Moxie, always use the Plunger Lid.
3. What precautions do I need to take when utilizing the vacuum feature?
- Make sure the Vacuum Lid is properly attached to the Blending Jar. If this is removed at any time, the Moxie will immediately turn off as a safety precaution. When using vacuum feature, make sure the vacuum arm is properly attached to the vacuum valve and the seal is set to "close". When you’re ready to open the lid, switch the vacuum seal to "open".
- Please note – the digital display shows the time in minutes and seconds.
4. How does the Nuwave Moxie work?
The Nuwave Moxie is a high-performance blender that utilizes advanced vacuum technology to remove the air from the chamber before or after blending with advanced titanium alloy blades, allowing you to get healthier, tastier and more colorful results than you would get in an ordinary blender.
5. Why is there a timer feature on the Nuwave Moxie?
Whether you’re using one of the Moxie’s presets or your own custom blending setting, the built-in timer will count down and shut the unit off automatically once it hits zero, making the Moxie a true touch & go blender.
6. How do I clean my Nuwave Moxie?
The Nuwave Moxie Blending Jar is dishwasher-safe, or it can be washed by hand. You can also take advantage of the Moxie’s self-cleaning feature by following these steps:
- Add water and 1-2 drops of liquid dish soap to the Jar, place on the Base, and close the Lid.
- Turn the dial to "Clean". "0:15" will be shown on the LCD display. Adjust the time if desired, then press "Start/Stop".
- Once finished, remove the Jar, rinse thoroughly, and dry before using.
1. What is the warranty?
- The Nuwave Moxie includes a 5-year limited warranty with VIP service. See more information in the Support tab under Warranty filtered by product.
- If you want to start a warranty claim, go to the Support tab on nuwavenow.com and click on "Warranty Claims" to start one.
2. I cannot find the manual or recipe book for my Nuwave Moxie. Where can I get a copy?
Don’t worry, you can always download printer support materials on the Product Page or from the Support tab, which will be sorted by product.